Health Screening INTRODUCTION
Health Screening is vital in the early detection of various indolent health conditions. Modern lifestyle, stress, and family medical history can predispose a person to different medical conditions such as hypertension, hyperlipidemia, gout, diabetes and even cancer.
Health Screening allows a person to experience a one-stop service inside-out for an individualized, thorough and holistic medical checkup.
Health Screening involves a myriad of screening tests such as:
- Medical History Review: Your doctor will understand your medical history, family history, individual concerns, and expectations. Your doctor may advise you for further suitable tests base on your personal needs.
- Physical Examinations: Your doctor will perform a comprehensive full-body multi-organ physical examinations.
- Blood Tests: A series of blood tests for screening for common chronic conditions such as cholesterol disorders, diabetes, gout, kidney and liver diseases, thyroid diseases, anemia, and leukemia. Screening blood tests are also offered for screening for infective and inflammatory conditions such as HIV, syphilis, viral hepatitis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Electrocardiogram(ECG): A baseline cardiac tracing for heart rhythm and function.
- Chest X-Ray: This is a lung screen for lung conditions such as infection, tuberculosis or other lung pathologies.
- Urine Tests: This aids the understanding of kidney and urinary tract function.
- Stool Tests: This is used to screen for intestinal disorders and blood in the stool (occult blood) as part of colon cancer screening.
- Tumor Markers: Tumor markers are made up of a panel of blood tests to screen for cancer cells that produce tumor markers. Currently, there are available tumor markers screening for liver cancer, colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, nose cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, and lung cancer.
- Stress Treadmill ECG: This is part of screening for coronary heart disease.
- Lung Function Tests: This test assesses the pulmonary function and to screen for any lung and airway diseases.
- Audiometry: This test screens for hearing impairment.
- Tonometry: This test measures the pressure of your eyes, for screening of glaucoma.
- Pap Smear: A female medical procedure offered for cervical cancer screening.
- Ultrasound and MRI Screening: Safe imaging modalities to visualize various internal organs to detect any abnormalities.
Edging into the 21st century with global modernization and better awareness of various health conditions, invariably, living in the now and striving for a better tomorrow is one of our many important goals in life. This includes our health. We treasure our health. We want to know, to be aware, to have a better understanding of our own personal health, make a difference, and improve our general wellbeing and prevent health conditions from taking its tolls on us.
Health is the biggest wealth. Screen, detect and enhance your health today!