In a healthy menstrual cycle, the reproductive hormones induce the ovaries to make the egg and release it every month.
What can I do, if I have PMS symptoms?
It is important to lead a healthy lifestyle, having a nutritionally balanced diet, and doing regular exercise.
You are advised to:
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Reduce intake of caffeine
- Encourage eating whole grains and high fiber diet
- Reduce the intake of sugary, fatty, or salty food.
- Consume sufficient calcium
- Regular aerobic exercises 30-60 min a day for 4-6 times a week
- Have adequate sleep
- Learn good ways of de-stress
- Avoid excessive alcohol intake